What can I expect from the Accio! Box?
Accio! is not like your typical fandom box. We source all our items from independent designers and artists, and we pay them fairly for their time and talent. This means a couple of things:
- We are a quality over quantity box. Because we are committed to paying artists what they’re worth, our boxes do not contain quite as many items as some other boxes you can subscribe to. Our box usually contains 4-5 items. How many things we include from month to month varies a lot based on our own costs, but the things we choose to include are always well-made items we would be glad to own ourselves!
- If you’re looking for a crate jam-packed with vinyl figurines and other mass-manufactured products, there’s a box out there for you! It’s just not Accio! Box. We try to find items that are unique and fun, and not something you can find on a store shelf. We realize this aesthetic isn’t for everyone, and that’s okay! That’s why it’s great that there are so many fandom boxes out there to choose from.
If you want to see some examples of items we’ve included in the past, check out our Instagram page!
Is the Accio! Box suitable for children?
Ehhhhh… not really. Our box is geared toward adult fans of the books. While we currently haven’t sent out anything that was explicitly inappropriate for kids, many of our items are geared toward grownups who have their own homes to decorate and who can appreciate handmade, artisanal fandom collectibles. We also can’t guarantee that we won’t choose in the future to send out items that have adult themes or humor, so we generally recommend our box for 18 years and up.
When will my box arrive?
Our cutoff for orders is the fourth day of each month, so any boxes ordered on or after the fifth will ship the following month. Because packing and shipping all these boxes is such a huge undertaking for us, we ship all our parcels simultaneously, sometime between the 8th and 10th of the month. If you’re ever confused about ship dates and when to expect your box, you can always shoot us an email and we’d be happy to help!
Can I skip a month and still keep my subscription active?
Yep, you sure can! Just log into your account and you can choose to skip a renewal at any time. If you have a hard time figuring out how to do this, just let us know and we can help.
Do you accept international orders?
We recently re-opened international shipping, so we can accept orders from all over the world. Shipping is calculated based on your country. Here are some things to note about international shipping:
- It’s kinda pricey. The shipping prices we offer are the best rates offered by USPS for overseas shipments. There are cheaper services available, but USPS offers the best protection for your items at this price point. It’s important to us to get your packages to you as quickly as possible, with minimal chance for loss or damage. That being said, expect to add about an additional $15-20 to your order if you live outside of the United States.
- Customs duties are not included in these rates. We can’t get around import taxes. If your country charges you additional fees or makes you travel to a customs office to retrieve your items, there is very little we can do about it. We are bound by law to report accurately on customs forms. (Falsifying these to get you cheaper customs duties is a federal crime and could get us fined thousands of Galleons or thrown in Azkaban! YIKES!) You will be responsible for whatever import duties your country imposes, and we have no way of calculating these ourselves, so, unfortunately, we cannot help you figure out what the final total will be after factoring these in.
- The further a package has to travel, the more chance there is for a mishap. Lost packages and broken merchandise are a lot more likely with international orders than domestic ones, and unfortunately, we can offer no guarantees once the item leaves the USA. If an item is lost in transit, we will do what we can to help you track it down, but we cannot be held responsible for items that are lost after leaving our borders. We also pack all of our boxes carefully to help ensure intact delivery, but for international packages, we cannot guarantee that they will arrive unbroken, and you are ordering these items at your own risk. In the event of damaged merchandise, we are happy to replace the item, but shipping costs to mail it out may be at the subscriber’s expense, at our discretion.
- If you don’t claim your package at customs and it comes back to us, we cannot re-ship it at our expense. You are responsible for retrieving your items from customs in a timely fashion and paying any fees that may be required. If you choose not to do so, the package comes back to us. In the event of this happening, we can offer a refund of the box less shipping costs, or you may pay to have it re-shipped at your own expense.
If you have any questions about international orders, please reach out and we will be glad to answer them. You can also view a video explaining all our international shipping policies here on our YouTube channel.
Is the Accio! Box vegan?
Yes! We believe all creatures are magical, so we have committed to ensuring that all our products are vegan and cruelty-free. Vegan food items are sent out pretty infrequently, but veganism extends far beyond just what we eat. We do candles and body care items quite often, and we ensure that those meet these standards as well.
Do you offer a scent-free or allergy-friendly option?
Currently, we do not have the capability to track and substitute items for subscribers who would prefer scent-free or allergy-friendly boxes. The best option for customers who are sensitive to scents and allergens is to browse our past boxes and overstock items in our Etsy shop, which allows you to pick and choose what items you would like to purchase.
Have a question that’s not answered here?
Shoot us an email and we would be happy to help! You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.